How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 to Return to Stock Firmware?
Quite a few months back, the Official updates to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean came in the hands of Samsung Galaxy S2 users and since then they have flashed new custom ROMs. Here we give you the detailed updates of ‘How to unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 and restore to Stock Firmware’. Go through the updates in the article and we assure you can have a quick and simple unrooting process.
But before applying any changes to your device you need to have an absolute knowledge of the below given guidelines, so that you will not experience any trouble in the rooting process.
- Keep in mind that the given procedure is exclusively meant for Samsung Galaxy S2 19100. So never try this with any other tablet or Smartphone. Else you may experience troubleshoot or brick in your devices.
- The updation will ban access to any applications demanding root impressions and will restored back to stock Android 4.1.2 jelly Bean ROM
- Before proceeding for the unrooting process, forget not to create backup for all your necessary files and data, devoid of which you might lose all. So, you must keep copies of all data after creating a backup.
- You will get back the warranty of your device upon finishing the process. Ensure that your PC is installed with all the necessary USB drivers required for the process.
- It’s important to disable the Antivirus program (If you have any) running on your PC before initiating the procedure as it might create hindrance in complete the uprooting process. Such programs generally block ODIN and you can’t complete the tutorial.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S2 Smartphone has enough battery back up to carry on the process.
- Go through the Android Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option.
Before going through the unroot process be sure that you are an advanced Android user and have adequate knowledge about the same. Never proceed if you are one as we recommend. Else your device may brick and BlogZamana at any cost will not remain responsible for this. Ensure that you are doing all with your own risk.
Well, after having an absolute idea of the said guidelines you can proceed towards the next part of the tutorial i.e. the unroot process. Now go through the following tips to ‘Unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 and restore the Stock Firmware.’
- Firmware File
- Odin 1.85
Procedure to ‘Unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 and restore the Stock Firmware’
- First download the Firmware File from the list (link given above) and save it on your PC. File that corresponds to your current region is mostly recommended.
- Now extract the contents of the downloaded firmware file and save the tar.md5 file that you get after extract. Don’t extract it more.
- Now download Odin 1.85 from the given link. Extract the zip contents and save on your PC. Odin will be used to flash the new Firmware files.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Boot your device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Key, Home and Power Buttons at a time.
- Now launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable and see if you are alerted with a confirmation message from Odin prompting ‘The new device has been added.’ If you get the massage then proceed further.
- Now get the ‘tar.md5’ file you have saved on your PC by clicking the PDA button in Odin. Ensure that the Odin is yet on default setting.
- When your device gets ready for installation, click the ‘Start’ button.
- Now let the installation process be finished. The process doesn’t take long and you can disconnect your device from the PC, once the files have been installed. Your device will automatically reboot on completion of the installation process.
- Now the Odin will show ‘Pass’ and your phone will be booting into normal mode.
Yippee! Now you are done with the unrooting process. Now you are restored with the stock Jelly Bean Firmware operating system. In case you find any trouble in completing the unrooting process, don’t forget to be in touch with us via comments.