Root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2
User might have updated their Samsung Galaxy S2 with XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2 manually or through OTA. Now it’s the rooting time. Rooting on the basis of XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2 is here and this will be through downloading the package and then flashing it. rooting aren’t so bad as it is been advertised. Rooting allows user to take control over their device. applying custom ROM, make use of root accessed app and applying small tweaks. If you feel like getting back to normal ROM than grab an official Stock ROM and flash it in Odin process. This you will get back your warranty that was lost while rooting.
Caution: Rooting may create any problem of unnatural desired outcomes. So do not blame Blogzamana for it. The entire risk is on you only and only we can give you tutorials to over come the bad situations.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- Windows PC (XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during updation
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Also untick the box when all work is done because of security reasons
- Disable the antivirus program in computer and uninstall the antivirus app in smartphone
- XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2 rooting pack (http://bit.ly/Z6T1Z4)
- Odin (http://bit.ly/125BNJi)
- Root checker app from Google play store
Procedure to Root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2
- First grab the downloads from above given link to your computer and then unzip them. Make sure you have used the right unzipping software to extract the folder and save it in desktop to find them easily.
- Then take your Samsung Galaxy S2 and switch it off. Then press the VOL DOWN KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to enter into download mode. A green robot appears only that time release the fingers.
- Now double click on the Odin execution file to launch it and in the mean while with the original USB cable connect the device to computer. When the device is plugged the ID:COM box in the odin panel turns yellow. And Blue means the device got detected. If his doesn’t happen then your Samsung KIES is not upgraded with latest version.
- Now select the PDA and go to rooting file and select it. Come back and hit the Start button to carry on the process. Wait for few minutes and after that the device gets rebooted in normal mode. Then unplug the device and with the root checker app confirm the rooting.
Hence, rooting of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XWLSS Jellybean 4.1.2 is done and you have your device control on your hand.