The CyanogenMod team at this moment is busy developing a number of Custom ROMs to enrich almost all Android devices with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. Of course these Custom ROMs are been developed for devices that have not received the official Marshmallow update still date. If you count there are a few Smartphones including the Nexus devices that have got the opportunity of receiving the official Marshmallow Update. In this article, I shall guide you through the steps to install the unofficial Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Unofficial Custom ROM on the Canadian Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W Smartphone.
While the Canadian Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W Smartphone by default carried the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS & was later up-gradable to the Android 5.0 Lollipop, it can further be upgraded to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Android unofficial CM13 unofficial Custom ROM is available for the purpose. This Custom ROM build works fine on Android and there has no reported issues still now. So you can use this ROM for everyday affairs without any hesitation. But post updating, the warranty of your device will be definitely void. Besides, we shall not remain responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or any other issues if your device experiences because of the update.
NB: Before initiating the update, you need to root your device and install CWM Recovery in it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful. Also remember, to carry on this update your device must be running Stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- One Canadian Galaxy Alpha Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update files on your Canadian Samsung Galaxy Alpha. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the ROM on your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
That’s all. You are finished with the update of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Canadian Samsung Galaxy Alpha Smartphone. The process is quite easy and shouldn’t create any hindrance. Still find any issues, inform me in the comment section.