There is no official update released for Motorola Droid Razr M yet. If you are waiting for it then you are keeping yourself away from using Jellybean 4.1.2. You are luck enough to get the Jellybean 4.1.2 update on Droid Razr M based on Cyanogen Mod 10. Many new features are stuffed inside Jellybean update such as gesture control keyboard, toggle in notification panel, photo spear camera and many more.
In this article you will get the links and procedure to apply the Android 4.1.2 on Droid Razr M. but before that root your device, since the links will only work on rooted device. Rooting will lose the warranty and you have to admit it otherwise wait for the official update and think you won’t.
Caution: Any damage happens in the middle of the procedure then Blogzamana will not be responsible of it not the developer. It’s your phone and your risk.
- Rooted Motorola Droid Razr M
- Computer(Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Enable the USB debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Do not forget to untick the USB Debugging box after the updating is finished. It is of no use keeping the option on.
- Data backup such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, call logs, contacts, APN password, apps and other files present in phone is necessary and do it by using backup app and not via PC suite
- Power up the device to avoid sudden shut down and it is necessary to charge up to 50% atleast
- Jellybean 4.1.2 Cyanogen Mod 10 based firmware pack
- Google Apps
- Root checker App
- ROM Manager App
Procedure to apply Cyanogen Mod 10 based on Jellybean 4.1.2 on Droid Razr M
- First make sure you have fulfilled the above requirement. If this is not attentively done then further works will go wrong in the middle of the path.
- Then download the two zip files including firmware pack and GApps in your computer from here. Do not rename them and exactly place in desktop to find them easily.
- Then download and install Root checker app and ROM Manager. The root checker app will help you to confirm whether the device is rooted or not and ROM manager is been used in step 4.
- In this step connect the device to computer via USB cable and copy the two files in the phone SD card. Make sure those are not saved in any sub folder because they won’t get detected in recovery if saved.
- Now detach the cable and go to ROM manager app and hit it to open. Now select reboot into recovery mode option and then the device will land in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to clean caches. It is very important to keep the device free from hang most of the time after remaining of caches.
- Then select install zip from SD card and choose zip from SD card. Choose the jellybean pack first then Gapps to flash.
- It will take hardly 3 minutes and the go back and select reboot system now to boot device in normal mode.
Enable the data connectivity and sign in Google Account to fulfill the credentials. Well done, now check the firmware version from about phone in setting and get confirmed that your Motorola Droid Razr M has got updated with Cyanogen Mod 10 based on Jellybean 4.1.2.