Yes, tuning up your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is your right. This tuning brings the all new camera settings, fresh native user interface and with several bug fixes. All this is roped in latest Jellybean 4.2.2 update called Xylon. Below in this article there is the procedure to apply the firmware in recovery mode. But before that you have to perform few things that are explained neatly.
Caution: The update needs root and rooting a device lose its warranty.
- Samsung Galaxy S I9000 updated with official Jellybean 4.2.2 and then rooted
- Computer with internet connectivity (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Backup all the personal data like SMS, MMS, videos, apps, call logs, passwords, pictures and other files using any backup app from Google Play store
- Make sure the battery is 50% or more, otherwise charge or it will shurt down in the middle of the path
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Do not forget to untick the box after the procedure is complete
- Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Pack for Galaxy S
- Google Apps
- ROM Manager app from Google Play store
Procedure to update Galaxy S I9000 with Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware
- First make sure you have charged up the phone. And only use the I9000 model of Galaxy S only. To check the model number tap on settings > about phone and then scroll down to check the model mentioned. If used on other models may brick the device, hence do double check. Do not blame us later if anything goes wrong with your device.
- Then make sure you have updated Galaxy S I9000 with official Jellybean 4.2.2 and rooted the Galaxy S on Jellybean 4.2.2. This step is required to get the firmware on the device which unofficial. And unofficial firmware updation requires rooting.
- After doing the update and rooting that updated firmware, please download the files, Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware and Google apps pack in your computer from above download section. Do not change the name of the file. Make a folder and save it in desktop to find it and save it in sd card.
- Now without unzipping the files simply connect the device to computer via USB cable. After that copy paste both the files in the root of the SD card. Make sure those are not saved in any sub folder because it won’t get detected in recovery mode.
- Now disconnect the cable and go to ROM Manager app that you have installed in your Galaxy S. Now launch the app and select reboot device in recovery mode. Otherwise you can switch off the device and wait for its absolute shut down. Then press and hold the VOL UP KEY+ MENU BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON all together till the logo appears and device lands in recovery mode. Choose any of the option to land the device in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode clean the caches by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe data/ factory reset. This can be down through pressing the vol up keys and menu button to confirm. Wiping is done to avoid hung in Samsung Logo at time of boot.
- Then in that mode select Install zip from SD card and choose the zip from SD card. Flash the Jellybean 4.2.2 zip first then the Google apps pack. For flashing the files, give a gap of 20 seconds.
- After that go back and select reboot system now to boot into normal mode.
Wow! Your bugs are fixed and get lot many other features in Samsung Galaxy S I9000 by updating it with Xylon Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. If you have any doubts then do comment us.