Official Update for most of the device are out in this year and Samsung itself brings more than 20 Android device updates. Samsung has officially released Jellybean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Earlier the update had few bugs and this update its been solved. The firmware update version is called XWLSD. You must hurry now to get this update through Odin process because there is no ETA. In this article you will be checking out the update, requirement and procedure.
Caution: There is no fears of warranty lose instead the official update will revoke the root access. Carefully follow the article and do comment if any doubt. It is better to take help from an professional to update the device in Odin procedure. If any of the step is missed and you did hang your device than we will not be responsible for any of the matter. We will help you with appropriate answer.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Computer with internet (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Back up all the SMS, MMS, APN password, apps, Contacts, call log, videos, images and other files through backup app, so that they can be restored back when erased or deleted
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- Power the phone to 40% or more to avoid automatic turn off of power
- Disable the security in computer and uninstall the same in phone to stop interrupting the antivirus to update the device
- Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD firmware pack
- Odin (http://bit.ly/14sZMoJ)
Procedure to update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD firmware
- After fulfilling the requirement, do the cleaning through recovery mode. First switch off the device and press hold the VOL UP+ MENU BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON. In the recovery mode select wipe cache partition and then reboot system now to boot in normal mode. Wiping of data is required because in future the mobile will hang in the Samsung Logo.
- Now download the above downloaded zip files in the computer. And extract them with suitable unzipping software and place them in desktop. Make use of WinRAR or 7Zip software for best results.
- Switch off the device and after complete shut down press the VOL DOWN KEY+ MENU BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to enter the device in download mode. There is no other way to enter the device in download mode so keep trying unless untill you see the green robot which resembles the device is in download mode.
- Launch the Odin in computer. Connect the phone to computer via USB cable and you could see the ID:COM box turns yellow. This means that phone got detected by Odin.
- Now click on PDA and select the extracted tar file (ignoring the dll file) and click on Start to initiate the program of updation.
- Now leave the phone till it reboots automatically and when the Language selection / Country Selector option appears detach the cable. Then sign in into Google id to utilize the Google Play store and other default Google products.
Congratulations, your device Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is now updated with latest Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD Firmware. Check the firmware from settings->about phone> firmware updated. Stay tuned to Blogzamana for more updates, software upgrades, news, apps, rotting and other tweaks and tips.