Samsung, the Korean giant has of late rolled out the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update for Galaxy SM-P605K and the update is going on in Korea. But the innate info reveals that the update is also beiing rolled out in other parts of the world soon. Those who have already received the OTA update must have by now updated the firmware in their devices. But those who haven’t received the update yet or still waiting the update to roll in their country might get interested to follow the manual update procedure. If you are living in any corner of the world and want to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, then this tutorial is for you. In this tutorial you shall get the complete guide to satisfy your Android KitKat starve. The link mentioned in this article is only for the Korean Galaxy SM-P605K usuers.But before you need to take care of certain requirements that are essential for the updation process. You must find out the exact firmware for your region and use the link for the update method. Let’s have a look.
First of all double check the Name and model number of your device by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone, before starting the updation process since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy SM-P605K Smartphone. Using this tutorial in other devices or even of other models of same series might harm your device drastically. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy SM-P605K Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy SM-P605K drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the unlocking process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy SM-P605K Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract those to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now connect you device to your PC via USB and find out the ODIN.exe file on the extracted ODIN folder on your desktop. Click Run.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
Congrats!! Now you have successfully flashed the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat P605KKTUCND6 build to your Galaxy SM-P605K device. In case you face any major issues in the flashing process, ping me back in the comments section. I shall come up with a solution for you.