Google few days back launched Nexus 4 under LG banner and now the rooting procedure is out. A person needs to root his/her device to have total control over the phone. Also user can make use of root accessed apps and improve the credibility of its device by applying custom ROM on it. Anyways the cruel part of rooting is the loss of warranty. If user want to get back to stock ROM, then he/she must update it with original ROM via ODIN or manually.
LG Nexus 4 is also called as LG Mako which has 4.7 inch touch screen with True HD IPS Plus display. The device was announced in October and reached market in November with first every official Jellybean 4.2 os. The device has 42 Mbps DC-HSDPA connectivity with NFC too. There are lot other features available in the device, but we are here to discuss on how to root it so that we have the total control over the device and manipulate the firmware.
Caution: Rooting is bit risky and we will not take any responsibility of damage or brick of device. It is not so problematic but when you go for original updates or push settings from Google, the device could not detect it and you need to manually go for updates from firmware or unbricking the device.
- LG Nexus 4
- Windows PC (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, videos, songs, apps, contacts, call logs and other files so that they can be restored back when erased or deleted
- The minimum battery of device must be 40% otherwise the device will get shut down automatically
Downloads: Download the following files.
LG Nexus 4 rooting zip file
Superuer Zip file
Install SDK from android-developer.com
Procedure to Root LG Nexus 4:
- First download the rooting package for LG Nexus 4 from above link and then place in desktop without renaming it. It is the most important part because most of the user mistakenly do it and could not get their device rooted and blame us.
- Then download Superuser zip package from above link in the computer.
- After downloading the above two files, extract the zip files and then place it in path C:/android/platform-tools or C:/android/tools.
- Now enable the USB Debugging on Nexus 4 from settings> application> development, then tick the box. After that connect the device to computer via USB cable. Do not forget to untick the USB Debugging box after the rooting is finished. It is of no use keeping the option on.
- Open command prompt in computer by start-> Run-> cmd and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot boot boot.img
Make sure that in every sentence you hit enter in computer.
- Well, user needs to enter other set of commands in command prompt and they are:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb push su /system/bin/
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/
adb push busybox /system/xbin/
chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox
busybox –install /system/xbin/
Congratulations, the rooting of Nexus 4 procedure is complete and this rooting is by using insecure boot.img. From the Google Play store download and install Root checker appt to check the phone is rooted or not. If there’s any issue then do share with us to solve with proper suggestion. Stay tuned to Blogzamana for more other stuffs to out and to twitch your Andro-world.