Updating you Smartphone to the latest firmware, not only multiplies your Smartphone experience, but fixes a number of existing bugs in your Smartphone and blesses your device with all new smart & useful features. And specially when matter comes to update with the out-of-the-box Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, it’s simply awesome. I mean the latest updates of Android 4.4.2 KitKat come with lots of eloquent features that are obviously quite superior than the default KitKat OS. You can see here an example of what improvisations the KitKat firmware brings in your device.
Recently, Samsung has rolled out the latest Android 4.4.2 XXUBNH1 Firmware update for its Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi SM-T310 in Switzerland. Since this is an update in Swiss Confederatio, so the citizens of the parliamentary republic will get the update notification in their Smartphone devices via OTA. Even some might have already updated the latest firmware if got the notification. But if you are among them who have still not updated your device with this latest firmware, then dear readers, I bring you here a step-by-step guide to update this firmware in your GalaxyTab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi device manually. The update process otherwise is called manual update. This update process is meant for all Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi users who want to upgrade their device further, notwithstanding the fact where they live. So let’s have a look on the update process.
Before initiating the update process, it’s mandatory that you must double check the name and model number of the device since this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi SM-T310. Upgrading any other device following this update method might hard-brick your device. Remember, BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device. What you do is all your risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi SM-T310.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi handset to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.2.2 XXUBNH1 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 4.2.2 XXUBNH1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your tablet and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your tablet from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still your device gets rebooted. Your device got rebooted? Congrats!! Now your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi SM-T310 has been successfully updated to the latest Android 4.2.2 XXUBNH1 firmware. The procedure is easy and finishes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall definitely find out a solution for you at hand.