While all major Samsung handsets of Galaxy Series have started receiving the newest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware, so there is another device recently added to the list. It’s the Samsung galaxy S5 SM-G900K. Following the below given manual update method, the users can flash the new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware to their Smartphones. The firmware build is named as KKTU1BNL2 and is also being rolled through OTA in Korea. But as usual it may take some time to reach your handset.
Being the official update, the rooted phones will get void and the users have to root the device again. The update is available on Wifi and Kies. BlogZamana will not be responsible for any damage of phone during Odin update.
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Computer with USB cable and internet connectivity
- Backup of all data in your Smartphone using apps or computer
- Charge up the phone to fully battery because it shouldn’t get stopped during update
- Enable the USB debugging in developer option in setting
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware
- Odin 3.09
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware
- First download both the files from above in your computer and extract them with suitable software.
- Then run odin by hitting the execution file in computer and on the other hand switch off the phone.
- Take the phone and press the Volume down+ home+ power button together to put the device in download mode.
- The warning message get flashed, now press the volume up button.
- Connect the phone via USB cable and in the odin panel the message box flashes with added message. Make sure the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Click on the PDA/AP button and choose the tar file from the extracted firmware folder and click on start. Wait for few minutes and when the pass message appears, detach the cable. The phone will automatically get rebooted.
- If you get into the bootloop sequence and the smartphone is not starting up in 10 minutes, then put the device in recovery mode and factory reset and wipe out all the cache. Then reboot it again to enjoy the latest firmware.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K with Android 5.0 Lollipop KTU1BNL2 Firmware. For more updates stay connected to BlogZamana.