Samsung Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 is the popular device in the Galaxy segment. As per the latest reports, the Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 Smartphone has recently started receiving the official KitKat 4.4.2 ZMU1ANF5 Firmware. The update is dubbed as G3558ZMU1ANF5 and is available only in China. However, users around the globe can also update their device with this latest firmware by following the below mentioned step-by-step manual update method. If you are user from China, then you can wait still the update hits the notification panel of your device (since it’s an OTA update). Then you can easily update your device by following the steps Settings->about phone->software update. But if you are impatient to wait still the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method.
But before that you need to fill certain criteria that are essential for a safe update your device. For a safe update at first you have to fill the below pre-requisites. Take a quick look on these.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 Smartphone. Using the process with other device might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung GalaxyCore 2 TD SM-G3558 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android KitKat 4.4.2 ZMU1ANF5 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.2 ZMU1ANF5.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Power button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the flashing. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 TD SM-G3558 . Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.