Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100FN is one of the feature-eccentric Smartphone devices in the Galaxy segment. Latest reports convey that the Samsung Galaxy J1 Smartphone of late is receiving a new official KitKat update. The update is dubbed as J100FNXXU0APA2 and has gone on floor in Turkey, Russia and Uruguay. Users aspiring to flash this firmware on their handset instantly can follow the below mentioned steps-by-step manual guide.
But if you don’t have any issues to wait still the official update hits your device, then you can wait till the update hits the notification panel of your device (since it’s an OTA update). Then you can easily update your device by following the steps Settings->about phone->software update. But before that you need to fill certain requirements that are essential for safe update your device. Take a quick look on these.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your Galaxy handset before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100FN. Using the process with other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your handset experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100FN Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy J1 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100FN to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.4 XXU0APA2 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Turkey, Russia and Uruguay) the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.4 XXU0APA2.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the flashing. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100FN Smartphone. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.