Recently from Sammobiles, the official KitKat 4.4.4 XXU0AOB4 firmware for Galaxy J1 SM-J100H got released. This is an official update and hence can be flashed via OTA on your Smartphone. But here in this article you’ll come across the same update to apply on your device manually. This update is dubbed as XXU0AOB4 and that has many new features in lap. The firmware has gone on floor in South Africa for the Vodafone carrier. So, do have a look at the features and jump over for requirements, downloadable files and procedure.
Features of Android KitKat 4.4.4
- Based on XXU0AOB4 KitKat 4.4.4
- User-interface tweaks
- New dialer caller ID
- Unified Hangouts messaging app
- Smarter Google Now integration
- Better support for cloud printing
- Chrome Web View
- Step detector counter
- Enhanced support for connectivity option
- Better accessibility option
- 10-Screen recording
You can get further elaborations on these features here at BlogZamana.
Caution: All users who have rooted their device already will get their warranty back. Being the official firmware the root gets revoked and user on ICS can get direct jump on latest firmware. By any means Blogzamana must not be blamed for any damage of your handset because the entire risk is on the user. We’ll only help to solve doubts with suitable response.
- Samsung J1 SM-J100H
- One Computer
- USB cable
- Backup all the personal data using backup app
- Minimum battery should be above 60%
- Enable the USB Debugging to get the device connected to computer
- Samsung Kies (32 bit or 64 bit)
- KitKat 4.4.4 XXU0AOB4 Firmware
Procedure to manually update J1 SM-J100H with KitKat XXU0AOB4 Firmware
- First check all the above requirements are fulfilled and then proceed to download files. Download the Kies and update in your computer.
- Then download the firmware package and odin in your computer. Then extract both the files and place on desktop.
- Double click on Odin to launch in computer.
- Then switch off the Galaxy J1 to enter the device in download mode. To do that press VOL DOWN KEY+ OK + POWER BUTTON.
- Connect the device to your computer via USB cable. The ID: COM box turns yellow after connecting the device. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have selected the Kies option.
- Then select PDA and choose the tar .md5 file from the extracted firmware folder on desktop.
- After choosing the right options, click on Start in Odin box to perform the firmware update. The entire process will take around 4 minutes and then the phone will reboot automatically.
- After the pass message appears, detach the cable and you are all done.
Congratulations! Now you have now learnt the manual update process of Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H via Odin method. The 4.4.4 KitKat XXU0AOB4 is the latest official update available, so don’t miss the opportunity. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out soem solution for you.