In our previous article I had informed you how to Update Your LG G2 Smartphone via OTA Relase & Custom ROMs & here in this article I shall let you explain how you can safely and easily update your LG G2 Smartphone device manually via the Stock Android OS. The important thing I must mention here is that while updating your device using the official or stock Android OS, the warranty of your device will not void and it will be compatible for both rooted and locked LG G2 devices. Rather the update will revoke the root access if your device is already rooted & will restore the warranty of your device too. So there is nothing to worry.
However, before proceeding to the manual update you need to take a back up of all your important data. Rather, we would recommend you to take a Nandroid backup for saving your current ROM before flashing a custom one into your device. But one thing you must remember that what you do is your responsibility and BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any sort of bricking or damage of your device during the installation process.
- One LG G2 Smartphone
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with LG G2 USB drivers. Else download and install the drivers on your PC from LG’s official site first.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Deactivate the security option in your PC and uninstall the Antivirus from your Smartphone, if you have any.
- At least 60% to 70% battery back up in your HTC One M8 Smartphone to avoid any awkward situation during installation.
Steps to Update Your LG G2 Smartphone via stock Android OS Manually
- At first download the stock firmware for LG G2 handset & the LG Mobile support tool on your PC.
- Now unzip the flash tool on the desktop of your PC.
- Detect the B2CAppSetup.exe executable file in the folder and install it.
- Connect your device with your PC via USB cable and then take your Smartphone into download mode.
- Now run the UpTestEX.exe executable file in your PC.
- Upload the KDZ file in the new Window that opens and set 3GQCT & DIAG.
- Select the NORMALL WEB UPGRADE TEST option.
- A new pop up window Read Phone Information will appear now. Open the Window and click on the Start Upgrade button.
- Select Country & Language as Republic of Korea & English symaltaneously.
- Click OK and the flashing procedure will start now.
- Wait for sometime. After flash, your device will reboot automatically.
- Now unplug your device.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully updated your LG G2 Smartphone via stock Android OS manually. In case you experience any issues, use the comment section to submit your queries.