Couple of days ago, I had informed you about the forthcoming chic and feature-enriched second segment SUV of Renault with the brand name Dauster Facelift, which is scheduled for second half release this year in India and today I am with another great news for the car lovers that Chevrolet is all set to introduce its compact SUV Chevrolet Trax at the New York Motor Show soon & the vehicle is expected to hit the Indian market early next year. However, with this segment Chevrolet is supposed to turn a stern contender to the other SUV segment cars in the market such as Ford EcoSport, Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster,upcoming Hyundai ix25 & Mahindra’s compact SUV.
While the car is expected to be available in India with the equivalent price range to the EcoSport and Duster, it’s design seems to make the investment worthy. From design point of view, the SUV features equivalent ‘Dual Port’ grille with bow-tie logo, vertical tail lamps & swept back headlamps. The exterior outlook is quite curvy & chubby which can be easily figured out from the puffy trunk lid, pronounced wheel arches and extruded nose. The magnificent in lookcar is powered by a 1.4 liter turbo-charged inter-cooled EcoTec petrol motor with 138hp & maximum torque of 200Nm.
Apart from this, the SUV incorporates an additional all-wheel drive outlook. Keeping an eye on the Indian market, the car is supposed to feature a diesel engine along with the MJD derived unit with tweaked power output,the feature which was quite popular in the Sail segment. From insights in overall layout the SUV looks quite alike to that of the beautiful Cruze, and what’s found special in the segment is the cluster ‘Motorcycle inspired’ which was found in the Beat. Let’s have a brief look on the varied features the Chevrolet Trax.
Features at a Glance
- 1.4 liter petrol motor with EcoTec turbo featureand six-speed automatic transmission.
- AUX-in, Bluetooth phone integration and 7-inch diagonal high resolution infotainment touch screen with USB port.
- 3G/4G connectivity facility for the infotainment system with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot & Apple Siri feature for voice guidance phone support.
- Built-in navigation facilities.
- 530 liters of boot space for compact-SUV.
- For the time in US, the car supports 10 airbags and it might get multiple in number when landing in India.
- Top end variant of the SUV supports leatherette upholstery trim with leather wrapped steering wheel.
- Interior is of multiple colours such as Jet Light Titanium, Jet Black & Jet Black/Brownstone.