The official update of KitKat 4.4.2 is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 Smartphone. This latest software update is dubbed as XXUGNI2 and was released in Spain (Orange), Romania (Orange), Poland (Orange) & United Kingdom (EE). This official Android 4.4.2 release brings several improvised features in your Smartphone including superior UI and customization. Not only amazing KitKat goodies, but also it includes other software features that you can personally realize after updating your Smartphone.
The software updates is available over the air and if you are unable to update it then flash by the following procedure. Remind you again that this is official update and by any means if the device is rooted then it gets revoked. We will soon bring the rooting procedure for this software.
Caution: Though it’s an official update, the silly mistake done by you can affect your device. It is great to take the responsibility of any damage by yourself. There is no such guarantee that the information will work 100 percent. If any problem is there we will definitely help you to overcome.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Install Samsung KIES in PC and update through internet from official site. This is very important that upgraded version of KIES must be used to make the device officially updated to make it attached to your Smartphone via USB.
- Disable the antivirus program and uninstall the same in Smartphone to avoid interruption in updation
- Make a complete back up including the device data such as all the SMS, Contacts, call logs, MMS, videos, songs, apps, APN passwords and other files, since the update might erase all data from your device.
- Make sure that the Smartphone has 60% battery charge or more to avoid automatic shut down during updation.
Procedure to update Galaxy S4 LTE with official KitKat 4.4.2 XXUGNI2 firmware
- First make sure you followed the entire above requirements, battery charged, installed both the softwares (WinRar+ Samsung kies) in computer and installed the zip file.
- Then extract the .zip files that you downloaded in the previous step and place those on the desktop of your computer. Place the files in desktop to find them easily.
- Turn off the device and land it in download mode by long press-holding the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+POWER Button. Then again press the volume key when a warning massage appears on your screen.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then connect the device via USB cable. When the device gets detected by Odin the pass message appears. If this doesn’t happen then enable the kies option. You must not have upgraded the Samsung KIES from the official Samsung site. After done perfectly, the Odin ID:COM box turns yellow and then move to the next step.
- Click on PDA option in Odin and the select the tar.md5 file that was extracted by you earlier in second step.
- Then click on start to flash the firmware. Wait for few minutes and a PASS message appears confirming the flashed update.
Congratulations, you have successfully learned the process to flash the KitKat 4.4.2 official XXUGNI2 update on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 easily. Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 is a phone that became popular among users for its high-end features and specifications. If you want to get in more updates on custom ROMs or firmware updates then do not forget to visit our site. Leave the comment if have any doubt.