The Samsung Galaxy Star 2 smartphone recently got update with XXU0ANL1 firmware. If you were not lucky enough to get the over the air update, then here is the Odin procedure to update your device. The users facing any issues or bugs in their Galaxy Star 2 must update the firmware right away. Through this article you’ll able to update the firmware easily by downloading few required files and can hit the update.
Samsung Galaxy Star 2 has a TFT capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 320 x 480 pixels. The device supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Radio and GPS. The device also can share data through Bluetooth 4.0v and USB. It holds the 1 GHz dual-core processor with SC6815A chipset. The device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and now upgraded to a superior firmware version.
Caution: Note that this XXU0ANL1 update is straight offered by Samsung for us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs rather get confirmed by yourself that its official update in manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged device owners because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help to recover from damage if any. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted. Also remember, this firmware is specifically designed for the Galaxy Star 2 users of Tunisia.
- Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Star 2 SM-G130E
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when updation is finished
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the device if battery is low and hence it must be 50% or more to avoid automatic shut down.
Procedure to Update Star 2 with latest KitKat 4.4.2
- First make sure the device is not rooted then make the backup. If it is rooted then you might not get the exact result.
- Then download the XXU0ANL1 KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for your Galaxy Star 2 in computer and then download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After that extract both the downloaded files in the computer and place them on desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to land device on download mode. When a warning message appears press the VOL UP KEY to move further to next step. If you return back into normal mode then again try it.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the handset to computer.Soon as the ID:COM box in Odin will turn yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging) and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the tar file from the extracted folder on the desktop. Go ahead and click on Start. The update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will be switched off and reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and easy go with the official updated phone.
Check the firmware status from the About Phone section in settings. Well done, you have now successfully flashed the Android 4.4.2 Official superior KitKat version on your Samsung Galaxy Star 2. Don’t hesitate to ping us back in the comment section in case you face any issues.