In my previous article I informed you How to update Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Update for Canadian Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M Firmware. Obviously it must be a superb news for the Canadian Galaxy S4 users and today I am back with another superb news. Guess what?? Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Black Edition) SHV-E330K with the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop KKUDOD4 Firmware and the better part in the update is that it’s an official release. This latest update comes with numerous bug fixes for your device and includes a number of eloquent options that are found in the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS.
The firmware update has been released in Korea for the Black Edition Galaxy S4 devices. The firmware is dubbed as E330KKKUDOD4 and can be flashed to your Galaxy SHV-E330K device in two methods. Users living in these regions can update their devices after getting the update notification on the software update panel of their device. To manually check the software update go to Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But those who have not received the update notification and can’t wait for the OTA update, then they can follow the below given manual method to update their Smartphones to the latest firmware. But before that you have to take a look on the below given guidelines to flash the new Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy S4 device. These are called the pre-requirements for the update and are essential.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Black Edition) SHV-E330K. Using the process on other devices might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Black Edition) SHV-E330K Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 5.0.1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Button+Power Button. Now press the Volume Up button to put your device into download.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically post update. So wait still the update finishes. Congrats!! Now your LTE (Black Edition) SHV-E330K device has been successfully updated to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. The procedure is easy and completes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you fany issues, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section and I shall find out a solution for you instantly.