Now the Samsung Galaxy Mega Plus SCH-P709E Smartphone users can further upgrade their Smartphone device. Samsung just of late has released a new firmware called the Android 4.3 KEUANG4 in China. This update is especially build for the Anycall users in China and hence they will receive the update Over The air (OTA). It may take little time for the update to reach your device China users since it’s being sent in installments. Conversely, there is another firmware update technique called the manual update method which can also be used to flash the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Mega Plus, but by all users of this device. But for that you need to be sound in technical approach. However, newbies also can adopt this update method, but for that they need to read and understand the below given guide properly. Afterwards, they can proceed for the update.
Before initiating the update process, it’s mandatory that you must double check the name and model number of the device since this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Mega Plus SCH-P709E Smartphone. Upgrading any other device following this method might hard-brick your device. Remember, BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device. What you do is all your risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Mega Plus SCH-P709E Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy Mega Plus drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update might erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Mega Plus SCH-P709E handset to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.3 KEUANG4 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 4.3 KEUANG4z.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your Galaxy Mega Plus device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder, extracted in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still your device gets rebooted. Your device got rebooted? Congrats then!! Your Galaxy Mega Plus device has been successfully updated to the latest Android 4.3 KEUANG4 Firmware. The procedure is easy and finishes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall definitely find out a solution for you at hand.