In one of my previous articles, I had let the LG Smartphone user know how to update the LG G3 D855 Smartphone via the Android Now HD 5.0 ROM. I hope, this article would have helped the users of the LG G3 D855 Smartphones to flash this new firmware to their Smartphones. Today I have again brought a good news for the LG Smartphone users. But this time, it’s the turn of the Sprint LG G2 LS980 Smartphone users. Reportedly, Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.0 Custom ROM is now available for the Sprint LG G2 LS980 Smartphones and hence the users cans tart updating their device with the said ROM now.
Of course, you must have an ardent desire to flash this new firmware to your device and I am here with the step-by-step guide to help you achieve your target. But before that you should ensure that your handset is rooted and has been flashed with CWM recovery. If you have not already finished these two tasks then you have to do those first. After you can proceed for the installation process. But keep in mind that some steps are essentially to be looked after before starting the update process. Let’s take a look on those below.
- LG G2 LS980
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned firmware and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD Card of your LG G2 Smartphone.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your device, unplug the USB and press & hold the volume down+power button.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card and then select the file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
It’s all you have to do! Now your smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 firmware. Following the said process, you must end up the task easily and successfully. Still if you face any issues, ping me back in the comment section and I will revert with a solution for you. Enjoy!