After huge hullabaloo, waiting, and anticipation Microsoft finally launched the brand new Windows 10 Operating System for the users and the update is being rolled in electric waves across 190 countries around the world for the Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1 users. To further upgrade the Windows OS, the company has opened a reservation system and those who had already registered for the reservation have started receiving the official upgrade from Wednesday. But those who have not already registered for the upgrade, they can manually force update their Windows OS with the newest Windows 10 OS.
You can use this manual update method to force update your PCs, laptops, and eligible tablets. But before starting the update, you must remember that the process is only applicable to the Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 OS. SO if you have a Windows 8 OS, then you have to upgrade it to Windows 8.1. Now here we go for the steps to update. It never require high technical skills. Just have a look.
NB: Before starting the update, make sure that your device has enough space since the update is of 6GB. Besides, crate a complete back up of your Windows device to ensure preservation of data, if your device gets erased with the data during the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all navigate to C:>Windows>SoftwareDistribution>Download folder & delete all the files in it.
- Then open the Search bar by pressing the Windows Key and in the Search bar type Windows Update and search. It should open with the Windows Update option. You can opt for this Setting also from the Control Panel.
- Then again open the search bar and type cmd. This will display a drop-down of command prompt along with other related alternatives. Don’t open the command prompt, rather right click on it and select Run As Administrator.
- Now the Administrator: Command Prompt box will open. Type command uauclt.exe /updatenow in it, but don’t press enter.
- Now go back to the Windows Update Menu that you had opened earlier and tick the box next to the Check for Updates that is displayed in the right hand corner of the screen. Now it should start checking for updates.
- Now go back to the opened Command Prompt window and press Enter for the command you had written earlier.
Great! Now you will find the Windows 10 getting downloaded. That’s all. Now once the update is downloaded, just install it on your Windows 10 device and you are all set to start with Windows 10.