When we install Windows OS, Internet Explorer is installed as a part of it. Generally Windows users install a third party browser to surf the Internet, but some users still love to use IE. This blog is for the users who use Internet Explorer to surf the net. If you are facing any problem in using IE and want fix it the article will help you a lot. If your internet Explorer is slow, displays error messages, crash or freeze frequently, or does not start at all. In this case you need to reset the IE settings. Once you reset the IE , all the add-ins and customizations are deleted. To reset the settings of IE follow the steps below.
For Windows 8 users
- Point to the upper-right corner of the screen and move the pointer down.
- Click or tap on Search and enter Internet options in the search box,
- Click or tap on Settings.
- Tap or click on Internet Options -> click on Advanced tab and choose Reset. (here you can check the option Delete personal settings, to delete browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data. )
- Select Reset in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window.
- Click on close and start IE.
For Windows 7, Vista and XP users:
- Click on Start
- Click on Run and enter inetcpl.cpl command and press enter.
- Windows 7 or Vista users can click on Start and enter inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press enter.
- Click on Advanced tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
- Click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings -> click Reset again.
- When the process is finish, click on Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
- Start IE.
In order to make your Internet Explorer faster, safe, stable and avoid any problem related to IE, you need to remember following points.
- Disable defective add-ons.
- Turn the phishing filter on.
- Turn the Pop-up blocker on to block pop-ups.
- Reset security to recommended settings.
- Reset the page sync policy to automatic.
- Reset the cache size to be within 50-250 MB of the default range.
- Restore IE concurrent connection settings to defaults.
- Reset Internet Explorer security settings to the default (recommended) levels.
- Enable the Phishing Filter.
- Enable Data Execution Prevention for Internet Explorer.