Samsung Galaxy S4 is kinda new gadget to market and getting mixed results on having the technology in hand. If you owe one of these super smartphone that comes with Jellybean 4.2.2 then you might have tried the root. And rooting a device loses its warranty and after going through few bugs after that you thought of getting back to original ROM means cancelling the root. So, to revoke the root access on Samsung Galaxy S4 then here is thought how to unroot it and getting back into what it was while unpacking.
Make sure that you have decided to unroot and kindly follow the procedure neatly and carefully. Before going to the process you must install Root checker app from Google Play store for confirming the device is rooted or unrooted. Also give a focus on which model you are applying on. So tap on settings>about phone> model number and it should mention as I9505. On any other model the procedure here won’t work, so do keep an eye on it.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- Windows PC (XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during updation
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Also untick the box when all work is done because of security reasons
- Official firmware i.e. XXUAMDC Jellybean 4.2.2
- Odin (http://bit.ly/Zz7FBt)
Procedure to unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- If the device is bricked or finding bugs in case of root then this procedure is useful. So you need to check the model number details and install the KIES in computer.
- Then download both the zip file, stock ROM and Odin in the computer from above link. With the help of suitable extractor software, extract the files and keep in desktop to find them easily.
- Well, take your Samsung Galaxy S4 in hand and switch off completely then press the VOL DOWN KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON for few minutes till the green android appears on screen to enter the device in download mode.
- In this mode plug in the original USB cable to computer but before that double click on the Odin execution file to launch it. Then connect the device and as soon as the ID: COM box turns yellow and green color appears that the drivers are installed.
- Now click on PDA and then the extracted tar file from desktop. Come back and hit the start button to continue the firmware update that will take few minutes. The device will reboot several times that normal. When it reboots in normal mode then the procedure is complete and you must unplug the cable.
Now turn on the data connectivity, sign into Google account and then go to Google Play to download Root checker app. Install it and then follow the instruction to check whether the unrooting is successful or not.
If you find stuck in the middle of the procedure then pull off the battery and again reinsert. And this is the procedure to unroot the Galaxy S4 I9505 with easy simple steps. Follow us and if you like the article then do comment.