Phone Hygiene 101: Tips for Keeping Your Smartphone Germ-Free
Did you know that your phone could be harboring more germs than a toilet seat? Read to know the easy steps that you can do at home to keep your phones germ-free!
Our smartphones are one of our most prized possessions. We carry them everywhere we go and use them for everything from communication to entertainment. However, did you know that your phone could be harboring more germs than a toilet seat? With the current global health crisis, it’s more important than ever to keep your phone clean. Here’s a quick guide on how to clean your smartphone and the do’s and don’ts of phone hygiene.
- To clean the back and screen of your phone, use a microfiber cloth. This will aid in the removal of any smudges or fingerprints.
- To clean your phone, use a disinfectant wipe or a 70% isopropyl alcohol/30% water solution. To prevent any moisture from leaking into your phone’s ports, be careful to dry out the cloth or wipe.
- Remove the case from your phone and clean it separately. Over time, bacteria and dirt can build up on phone cases.
- Both before and after cleaning your phone, properly wash your hands. The transmission of germs will be decreased as a result.
- Avoid cleaning your phone with harsh chemicals like hydrogen peroxide or bleach. The screen and other components of your phone may be harmed by these chemicals.
- Never wipe your phone with tissues or paper towels. The screen of your phone can be damaged by these materials.
- Avoid directly spraying any liquid onto your phone. The internal parts of your phone could be harmed by this.
It’s critical to maintain proper hygiene habits in addition to routinely cleaning your phone. Try to avoid sharing your phone with others and avoid using it in the restroom. Clean your phone more frequently if you’re feeling under the weather.
In conclusion, keeping excellent hygiene includes taking care of your smartphone. You can prevent the spread of disease and keep yourself and others safe by adhering to these easy procedures and maintaining a clean, germ-free phone. Hence, set aside some time each day to clean your phone; your health will appreciate it.