Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi is one of those eloquent devices from Samsung which went on floors this year. I call it eloquent because it equips a 7.0″ wide enlarged TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16mm colors & 800 x 200 pixels resolution, supported by a Marvell PXA1088 chipset and is powered by a Quad-core 1.2 GHz CPU, supports 8/16 GB in-built memory with 1.5 GB RAM and runs on the default 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System. Besides is has many other noteworthy features that you can know about the device from Samsung’s official website.
If you are a user of this wonderful tablet, then I have a piece of goof news for you. Now you can upgrade your device to the latest release Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 firmware. The firmware is dubbed as T230XXU0ANG1 and is easy to flash on your device. Do you think how?Don’t worry. I am here to guide you through the process. Just follow the below given steps in the and easily update your device manually with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANG1 firmware. But before that you need to take a keen look on some of the per-requisites which are essential for a safe manual update of your device.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230). Using the process with other device might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230).
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230) with Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUoANG1 .zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Power button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the flashing. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230). Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.