Samsung Galaxy Express I8730 is a 4G LTE Android device that receives the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 update. The update is dubbed as XWAMC4 and the firmware is rolled out by Samsung itself. Being the official update the device will get few bug fixed related to battery life, Google Play store and Camera. The Jellybean 4.1.2 updates is available in few countries and if you haven’t received the auto update then check out the article for manual update through Odin.
This model of Samsung is 4G based model which is designed like Galaxy S3. The device has 4.5 inch touch screen with 480×800 screen resolution. It is equipped with Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 1GB RAM. Yes, originally the model runs on Jellybean 4.1.2 but recently got updated officially due to bugs. If the device has few errors then the user feeling like dumping it or find the other way to enhance it. they uses application to get more out their device. But it’s better to update it because all the errors and registries get solved and the device runs smoothly and fast.
Caution: The Samsung Galaxy Express is rooted then applying this official update will revoke the access and users will no long use the root accessed apps or apply custom ROMs.
- Samsung Galaxy Express I8730
- Windows PC (windows xp and 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES otherwise the phone will not get detected by the computer
- Backup all the personal data present in phone such as SMS, MMS, videos, applications, contacts, call logs, APN passowrds and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during flashing of ROM
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Do untick the box later to avoid security bridge.
- Jellybean 4.1.2 XWAMC4 Firmware Pack
Procedure to Update Galaxy Express I8730 With Official Jellybean 4.1.2:
- First make sure you have fulfilled the above requirement of data backup and power up the phone. These are much important because most of time the data get lost and you blame on the developer not giving the exact zip file. But this is absolutely unfair. It is very necessary to check the downloads and then flash on phone or tablets you are using.
- Now download the Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Update pack for Galaxy Express I8730 and odin pack from here to your computer. Then with WinRar software extract both the files and place then in desktop. It is very much necessary because most of time you keep searching the extracted files but not visible even if its before your eye. Do not rename it and keep as it is.
- Then make sure you have installed the Samsung KIES to detect the device to computer. Use the latest updated KIES and then follow the next step.
- Now switch off the device power and enter the device in download mode. To do that press the VOL DOWN KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON and release then when the green robot appears on screen. Now double click on Odin and launch the software and suddenly its shows that the device got detected and ready to flash. Yes a pass message appears on screen too.
- In the Odin, the ID:COM box turns yellow then follow the PDA to click on it and select the tar file that was downloaded earlier. Then hit the Start option to update the device and after finish the device will reboot automatically.
- If the process is not successful then you must go to the step 3 and resart you computer again and follow the same procedure once again. For better result do the update of KIES when internet is fast.
Congratulations, you have learned the procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy EXPRESS with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWAMC4 Firmware. Check the firmware update from settings> about phone.