Hello friends. In my previous article I had informed how to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T to Android 4.4.2 UVU1BNG4 Firmware and this article will make you updated with the step to flash the Android 4.4.2 XWUBNH1 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 Smartphone. Post update, you can get a number of additional benefits on your Smartphone which include Rooting your Android, flashing TWRP/CWM recovery on your android device, and unlocking your Smartphone to name a few. Besides your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos will be free from the existing bugs and many superior features will be added on your handset.
Reportedly, the firmware is the official update and has been rolled in Thailand. While it’s being sent to the users in Thailand in installments, soon the firmware is expected to hit other corners of the world too. The firmware bears the code name THL with PDA number G7102XWUBNH1 and the Thais will get the opportunity to update their device via the OTA method. The update is being pushed in installments and as usual might take little time to hit the notification panel of your device. But this method is applicable for the users in Thailand only. But users living in other parts of the world have to follow the manual update method to update their Smartphones with this latest firmware. Think how? Don’t worry. I have brought you here the complete guide for simplifying your task. So first read and understand the guide properly and then only proceed to-wards the update.
Before initiating the update process, it’s mandatory that you must double check the name and model number of the device since this update is only meant for the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 handset. Upgrading any other device following this update method might hard-brick your device. Remember, BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device. What you do is all your risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 handset to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.2 XWUBNH1 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 4.4.2 XWUBNH1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your tablet from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still your device gets rebooted. Your device got rebooted? Congrats!! Now your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 Smartphone has been successfully updated to the latest Android 4.4.2 XWUBNH1 firmware. The procedure is easy and finishes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall definitely find out a solution for you instantly.