We have a very good news for our readers, specially for the Micromax A116 & A117 Smartphone users. Ask why? Because both the devices can now be updated to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. But it can only be done via the popular CyanogenMod 12.0 ROM. To initiate the installation process you have to follow certain steps which I have mentioned below in this article. Here I shall share the steps to flash CyanogenMod 12.0 based Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM to your Micromax A117 smartphone. But if you have a Micromax A117 smartphone and you want to integrate the Android 5.0 Lollipop in it, then follow this article.
As a warning, I must tell you here that the CyanogenMod 12.0 based Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM is still in beta version that means, its non-official and is still in the developing mode. Installing firmware in such stage of the ROM might create bugs in your Smartphone. So make sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible if anything inconvenient happens to your device during the update. So the update will be fully your responsibility.
The whole credit for this wonderful ROM goes to Chrmhoffman, the xda recognized developer. Now let’s take a look on the step-by-step guide for the update.
- Micromax A117
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- CyanogenMod 12.0 based Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD Card of your Micromax A117 Smartphone.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card and then select the files that you moved to your storage in step 1 one after another and Install all.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
That’s it! Now your smartphone runs the CyanogenMod 12.0 based Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM. With the said process, you should finish the task easily and successfully. Still if face any issues, ping me back in the comment section and I will revert with a solution for you.