Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F is one of the popular devices in the Galaxy segment. As per the most recent reports, the Samsung Galaxy J3 has recently started receiving the official Lollipop 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware. The update is dubbed as Android Lollipop J320FDDU0APC1 firmware and is available in Nepal, India and some other countries.
If you are user residing in any of the said countries, then you can wait still the update hits the notification panel of your device (since it’s an OTA update). Then you can easily update your device by downloading and installing the firmware file on your handset. Also you can manually check status of the update by following the steps Settings->about phone->software update.
But if you are not patient enough to wait still the firmware reaches your device, then you can follow the below mentioned manual update method. But before that you need to meet certain requirements which are quite essential for safe update your device. Take a quick look on these.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your Smartphone before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F Smartphone. Using the process in other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Backup all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Samsung Galaxy J3 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 5.1.1 DDU0APC1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the PORT Number and Added Message will appear in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is finished. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically post update. Wait still the process finishes. In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.