Samsung has just launched a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone in Russia and in Ukraine for Kyivstar users. The firmware carries the build name I9300XXUGNK1 and is being sent in installments to the users in the said countries. Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the popular Smartphone devices in the world market and is considered to be one of the feature-eccentric Smartphones. Anyways, if you have not already received the firmware via OTA till now or have missed the OTA, then following this update method you can flash the said firmware into your Android device. This firmware is supposed to bring few changes in your handset including fixes for existing bugs and might enrich your device with some novel features. Being an official firmware, it will revoke your device into stock Android if it’s already rooted or you have installed any Custom ROM in it.
In my previous article, I had lead you through the steps to flash the most advanced Android 5.0 Lollipop on LG G3 D855 device. Now in this article, I shall help you flash the new I9300XXUGNK1 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 handset. Make sure that you are using this guide and the mentioned download links only for the said devices in the said regions. Else your handset might suffer from major bug issues. Even it might get bricked. But remember, We at BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any issues created in your device due to the update. All you do is your own responsibility. We just can help you to overcome the issue if you let us know in the comment section. Now let’s have a look on the update procedure and requirements.
- One Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S III GT-I9300 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUGNK1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
Have patience still the update finishes. Once finished your Smartphone will reboot with the updated version. Now browse your Smartphone to experience the enhanced Android Jelly Bean firmware. Let’s us know in case you face any issues.