Hey Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192 users! Pretty good news for you guys. Now you can flash the advanced Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos Smartphone. The Custom ROM has been introduced by XDA Developer’s senior member tioguda and is readily available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos handsets. If you are a user of the said device and want to flash this firmware to your handset, then what to wait for? Get started with the following manual update method. This new Custom ROM will bring significant changes to your device and will add all Marshmallow goodies that will enhance your user experience
Oh yes, before initiating the process, you need to meet certain requirements which are mandatory for this update. Most important requirement is to root your device and install the latest CWM Recovery before starting the update. Let’s have a look on the other requirements below.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos handset
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC during update since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your handset, press & hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons. Use Volume button to toggle in recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM file in your Galaxy device. To do that click on “Install zip from SD card” and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
So what you find now? No guess! Of course the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192 Smartphone. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing the new Lollipop features in your device. If you faced any unsolvable issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.