The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399N is one of the most popular Smartphones in the USA mobile market and lately the Smartphone started receiving the Android KitKat 4.4.2 NUVUANK3 firmware update. The latest build is named after T399NUVUANK3 and is available for update in the USA only. The firmware is being rolled via OTA, being an official one and hence you are recommended to flash it via OTA. But in case of missing the OTA update or not receiving the notification yet, you can adopt the alternate method i.e. manual update.
Before moving to the update, I must tell you that the latest firmware might bring a number of improvements to your device that might include enhanced emojis, streamlined UI design with white status bar icons, full-screen album art on the lock screen & wireless printing etc. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements for the update. Remember, the firmware mentioned in this article is only meant for the T-Mobile Galaxy Light SGH-T399N Smartphone and hence don’t mess it up with the general Galaxy Light.
Ensure to check two times at least the Name and model of your device before starting the installation. Using the method in other devices other than the one mentioned above might brick your device hard or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. So what you do is on your own risk.
- One T-Mobile Galaxy Light SGH-T399N Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with T-Mobile Galaxy Light SGH-T399N drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your T-Mobile Galaxy Light SGH-T399N to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.2 NUVUANK3 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.2 NUVUANK3.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to carry on as soon you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the.tar.md5 file. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update procedure takes almost 4-5 minutes & your device will get self-rebooted once the update is complete. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the Android 4.4.2 KitKat T399NUVUANK3 firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399N Smartphone. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me in the comment section.