Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S, one of the popular Smartphones in the Samsung queue has started receiving the Android 5.0 Official Lollipop firmware update. The latest build has been named as G900SKSU1BNL2 and is available for update in Korea and many other countries. The update is supposed to hit rest of the global corners soon. Being official update, the firmware is being rolled via OTA. However, it can also manually be updated. The process is quite easy, but before initiating the update, you need to take a look on the pre-requisites mentioned below.
Before moving for the update, we must tell you that the latest firmware from Samsung brings a number of improvements to your Smartphone which will all the way manipulate your Smartpjhone experience to the next level. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements for the update.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for theSamsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S Smartphone. Using the process with other devices might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Remember, we at BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Galaxy S5 SM-G900S drivers. If not installed already, then at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S5 SM-G900S to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop G900SKSU1BNL2
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android Lollipop 5.0 KSU1BNL2.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the flashing. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S5 handset. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.