There is good news for the Samsung galaxy S4 users, that the official CM11 nightly ROM is now available in the market for installation. This post is especially for those who have already downloaded this ROM and want to update their AT&T Samsung galaxy S4 devices to Android 4.4 KitKat with official CM11 nightly ROM.
But before we proceed towards the tutorial to update the AT&T Samsung galaxy S4 with the said firmware, we must inform you about the essential requirements needed for the update and hence let’s take a glance of the list of requirements.
- Make a backup for your device data.
- Your device should have 60% of battery.
- You must have USB driver installed in your PC for Samsung galaxy S4.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Your device must be installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
If your device fulfills all these requirements mentioned above then, you are all set to install Android 4.4 kitkat with official CM11 nightly ROM on your device. And here is the tutorial for you have a look:
Updation of AT&T Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 KitKat
- First of all you have to connect your phone with your PC through USB cable and then, copy the downloaded files to your memory card. (Note: Don’t try to extract any file).
- Disconnect your phone from USB cable and then turn it off.
- Boot into the recovery mode. To do so follow the steps given below:
- Press the volume up button, home and power button together, until you see Samsung logo flashing o your screen twice. Just after that you will see recovery menu on your screen. To navigate between the menu use volume keys and to select an option press power or home key.
- Make a Nandroid backup file for your existing ROM, it will be helpful for you in case this new ROM stop working or you want to switch to the previous ROM. To make a backup follow the steps given below:
- Select Backup and Restore, then, select backup again in the next screen. Just after the completion of making backup go back to the recovery menu again.
- Now, you have to perform data wiping task and to do so follow the steps given below:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then, Yes in the next screen for confirmation. You have to wait for some time till the completion of data wiping. Then, go to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip on your memory card> choose zip > locate CM11 zip file> select it by pressing Power button> Yes-Install_____. Zip for confirming the installation. Here begins the ROM installation.
- Once the installations is complete repeat the 6th step again, but this time choose gapps-kk-20131119.zip in place of ROM zip and install Google apps package.
- When you are done with the installation, go to recovery menu> reboot system to reboot your device and boot up into the new ROM installed on your device.
Now you are done with the installation process. But make sure that the installation is your sole responsibility. BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any damage that occurs to your device during the installation process. So make sure that you have gone through the post properly before initiating the rooting process.