Before providing you the tutorial to install the official CM 11 nightlies ROM for Google Nexus 5, we just want to inform you that this tutorial is strictly for Nexus 5 and don’t attempt to go through this process for any other devices. Curiosity level of Nexus 5 users is high for knowing the installation process for official CM 11 nightlies ROM for Google Nexus 5. So before going through the process of installation first read the tutorial thorougly. Ensure that the rooting is your sole responsibility and BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage your device may go through.
Before starting the rooting process, take a look on the following important requirements your phone need to fulfill.
- Your device has to run on an unlocked bootloader.
- You should have a rooted device running on the latest version of CWM or TWRP.
Note: If your device doesn’t have the unlocked bootloader then, keep it on mind that it will wipe up all the data present on your device.
- First you have to apply “factory reset” on your device; in short you have to lose data stored on your device.
- Make a NANDROID backup for the pre installed ROM on your device. This back up will be helpful for you in case the new ROM doesn’t go good with your device or you want to switch to the previous ROM.
- You can use Helium Tool for making backup for the data of your installed application. You can download Helium Tool from Google app.
- Make back up for all your SMS messages and APN Internet setting.
- Sync all your contact details with your Gmail account. This will help you out in restoring all your contact details.
Here ends the list of requirements for installation of this ROM ad now its turn for the tutorial for installing the ROM on your device. The tutorial is of just 13 easy steps. Take a glance of the tutorial for installing CM11 nightlies ROM:
Instalation of CM11 nightlies ROM in Google Nexus 5
- First you have to download CM 11 Nightly ROM.
- Then, download Gapps for the ROM.
- After downloading both the file connect your device with your PC through USB cable.
- Export both the zip file to the internal memory.
- Power off your device.
- First boot the device in Bootloader Mood and then, into custom Recovery Mood.
- Make a NANDROID back up for the installed operating System.
- Apply, Factory Reset.
- Now you are all set to flash the brand new custom ROM.
- Just after flashing the ROM, repeat the 9th step and flash the Gapps zip also.
- When, you are done with the installation of both the files, go back to Recovery Mode menu.
- Reboot your device.
- Now, home screen of CM 11 Nightly will appear on your device. Enter into CyanogenMod or Google account or both the account. This will help you in take control over your device.
That’s all with the installation process of CM11 Nightly ROM for your Google Nexus 5. Go through these above process and install this brand new ROM on your brand new Nexus 5. Hurry up guys, try it now!!!!!!