Hello Verizon LG G2 users! We have a good news for you. The newest Android 5.0 Lollipop update is now available for your Verizon LG G2 VS980 Smartphones. The update is available via the AOSP AOD Custom ROM and now you can manually install the firmware in your device by following just few simple steps. Thanks to the XDA Developers Senior member noble 1976 for introducing this awesome Custom ROM.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop will bring a number of changes to your Smartphone which you can better experience post update. Remember this is an unofficial Custom ROM and hence the warranty of your device is void if you flash this firmware to your device. Also you might face certain issues like brick or dead SD card, bugs in your device or any other issues for which BlogZamana will not remain responsible.
Now let’s take a look on the below mentioned pre-requisites which are essential for the update. Make sure to meet the same before proceeding for the update.
- Verizon LG G2
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop AOSP AOD Custom ROM
- Gapps (Get from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned .zip file and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your device, press & hold the Volume Down + Power Button. once the recovery screen appears, select the Recovery option with the help of Volume button option to put your device into Recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update file to your Smartphone. To do that click on the option Install zip form SD card and then select the file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
Congratulations! Finally you have flashed the Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM to your Verizon LG G2 VS980 Smartphone. The steps are easy and is easy to follow. In case you face any issues, inform me back in the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.