Hey T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 users! Pretty good news for you guys. Now you can flash the advanced Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS in you Galaxy device via Lollipop DomPop Custom ROM. The Custom ROM is pioneered by XDA Developer’s senior member kevp and is readily available for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 handsets. If you are an user of the same device and want to flash this firmware to your handset, then what to wait for? Get started with the following manual update method. This new Custom ROM might bring some significant changes in your device that will enhance your users experience
Oh yes, before initiating the process, you need to fill certain requirements which are mandatory for this update. Most important requirement is to root your device and install CWM Recovery before starting the update. Let’s have a look on the other requirements below.
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 handset
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop DomPop Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned .zip file and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your Galaxy Note, press & hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons. Use Volume button to toggle in recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update file in your Galaxy Note. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
So what you find now? No guess! Of course the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware in your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing the new Lollipop features in your device. If you face any unsolvable issues, ping back via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.