Samsung has just started rolling the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F handset in Sweden (Tre). The handset is quite popular in the Samsung world for providing some awesome features and the brand new Lollipop firmware is expected to make the device even more powerful with addition of Lollipop goodies. The firmware carries the build name G900FXXU1BNL9. Right now the firmware is being rolled via OTA and hence might take some time to reach your handset. But if you want to flash the firmware just now without waiting for the firmware, then you have to follow the manual update procedure mentioned below.
The manual update process is quite easy and takes few minutes only. But for that you must have complete understanding of both the firmware and the installation process. If you are a newbie, you must spend some quality time in understanding the update process. Remember, the update process is your own responsibility and BlogZamana will never remain responsible if anything wrong happens to your device due to the installation process. Now let’s have a look on the update process.
- One Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone
- Computer with USB cable and internet connectivity
- Backup of all data in your Smartphone using apps or computer
- Charge up the phone to fully battery because it shouldn’t get stopped during update
- Enable the USB debugging in developer option in Settings
- Android 5.0 Lollipop FXXU1BNL9 Firmware
- Odin version 3.09
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 Lollipop FXXU1BNL9 firmware
- First download both the files from above in your computer and extract them to the desktop of your PC.
- Then run odin by hitting the execution file in computer and on the other hand switch off the phone.
- Take the phone and press the Volume down+ home+ power button together to put the device in download mode.
- The warning message will flash, now press the volume up button.
- Connect the phone to your handset via USB and in the odin panel the message box flashes with added message. Make sure the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Click on the PDA/AP button and choose the tar file from the extracted firmware folder and click on start. Wait for few minutes and when the pass message appears, detach the cable. The phone will automatically get rebooted.
- If you get into the bootloop sequence and the smartphone is not starting up in 10 minutes, then put the device in recovery mode, factory reset and wipe out all the cache. Then reboot it again to enjoy the latest firmware.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to the brand new official Android 5.0 Lollipop FXXU1BNL9 Firmware. In case of any issues, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. For more updates stay connected to BlogZamana.