Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4 is one of the feature-eccentric Smartphones in the Galaxy segment. Latest reports convey that the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge right now is receiving the new official Marshmallow update in the United States of America. The update is dubbed as G925R4TYU3CPB4 and is available for update via OTA. Users aspiring to flash this firmware on their handsets can instantly follow the below mentioned steps-by-step manual update guide.
If you don’t have any issues to wait still the official update hits your device, then you can wait. Once the firmware reaches your device, you can easily flash it by downloading on your handset. But if you have not already received the firmware, then you can check the status manually by going to Settings->about phone->software update. But before that you need to fill certain requirements that are essential for safe update your device. Take a quick look on these.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your Galaxy handset before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4. Using the process with other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your handset experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Menu of your device.
- Backup all important data in Android your device since the update will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to avoid accidental shut down during update.
- Android 6.0.1 G925R4TYU3CPB4 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android Marshmallow G925R4TYU3CPB4 .zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the update is finished. Did your device resume properly? If yes, then congrats!! You have successfully flashed the new Marshmallow official OS in your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to inform via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.