All Samsung Galaxy S4 Active users! We have a very good news for you. All your waiting have finally been wrapped up. Of late, the South Korean giant has released the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy S4 Active users. The 4.4.2 Android OS is dubbed as XXUCNE4 and is only meant for the Galaxy S4 Active I9295 Smartphone. Well, the update is being rolled in phases as usual and should reach your device at any moment. But if you are much impatient to wait for the update reach your device, then you can update it manually. To manually update your device, you need to follow the below given detailed guide. But before that some pre-requisites are needed to be fulfilled. Just have a quick look on the below mentioned requirements considered essential for the update process.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Using the process with other device might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S4 Active drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware package for Galaxy S4 Active
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware .zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom. Holding these two buttons, switch on your device. If your device starts with normal mode then repeat the steps again to put it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA/AP button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
Great!! Now your Galaxy Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone has been successfully updated to the Android Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUCNE4 firmware. The procedure is easy and completes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the update while following this tutorial. Still you face any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you.