Are you a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-18190 Smartphone user? Are you desperate to flash the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop OS in your Android handset? Then I am here to help you with this. Just of late the Android 5.0 AOSP Alpha Custom ROM was rolled out for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and now you can flash the same to your device to enjoy the limitless fun of Android 5.0 Lollipop. The new Lollipop will bring a number of changes to your device post update.
Being the Custom ROM, the AOSP Alpha will need your device to be flashed with CWM Recovery and to get rooted before starting the update. So do the needful at first. It’s essential that you must follow the steps properly to flash the new firmware to to your Galaxy S3 Mini. Remember, if your Smartphone experiences any issues during the update, then BlogZamana will not remain responsible for that. To start the update, follow the below given requirements and steps.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-18190
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- AOSP Alpha Custom ROM
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD Card of your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-18190 Smartphone.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your device, unplug the USB and press & hold the volume+power+home keys.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card and then select the files that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
That’s all! Now your smartphone will resume with the newest AOSP Alpha Custom ROM. Following the said process, you must end up the task easily and successfully. Still if you face any issues, ping me back in the comment section and I will revert with a solution for you. Enjoy!