Samsung has started rolling the newest Android 4.4.4 KitKat VXU1ANK4 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800R4 Smartphone. The latest build has been named as G800R4VXU1ANK4 and is meant for the Samsung Galaxyh s5 Mini Users residing in the USA. The update is assumed to hit across the globe soon. Right now the update is being rolled in USA in phases and to start update the users have to wait still the firmware hits their Smartphone. They can also manually update the firmware, but for that they need to download the accurate firmware. The process is quite easy, but before initiating the update, you need to take a look on the pre-requisites mentioned below.
Before moving for the update, we must tell you that the latest firmware from Samsung brings a number of improvements in your Smartphone including expanded emojis, streamlined UI design with white status bar icons, closed captions support for videos and full-screen album art on the lock screen & wireless printing support. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements for the update. One more thing, the firmware mentioned in this article is only meant for the USA based Samsung Galaxy SM-G800R4 Smartphone.
Double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy SM-G800R4. Using the process with other device might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Ensure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800R4 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Galaxy SM-G800R4 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800R4 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android KitKat 4.4.4 VXU1ANK4 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.4 VXU1ANK4.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the flashing is finished. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy 4.4.4 VXU1ANK4 firmware. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.