Very good news for the Sony Xperia Z C6603 Smartphone users. Guess what! Now you people can install the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your Sony Xperia Z C6603. You must be wondering how because there is no official firmware release from Sony. Then how to update? Very simple. One unofficial Marshmallow Custom ROM named Android 6.0.0 AOSP yuga, has recently been launched for the Sony Xperia Z C6603 Smartphone. The Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow AOSP build and is on Alpha mode. Do you understand what’s Alpha mode means? Alpha mode means all features may not work properly on your device, but the Devs are constant work and will bring you further updates on the Custom ROM from time to time.
In the meantime, if you decide to flash this firmware on your Sony Xperia Z C6603, then you have to take its responsibility in all. Also we would like to say that because this is an unofficial Custom ROM update, so it will void the warranty of your device. Similarly your device might get bugged or bricked because of the update for which you will remain solely responsible. Before starting the update process, forget not to read and understand the required steps properly.
- One Sony Xperia Z C6603 Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow 6.0.0 AOSP yuga Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Sony Xperia Z C6603 to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your Sony Xperia Z C6603 into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update files on your Sony Xperia Z C6603 handset. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the .zip file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode automatically once the update is finished.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed the Android 6.0.0 AOSP yuga Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z C6603 Smartphone. The process is quite easy and shouldn’t create any issues in the update process. Still you find any issues, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.