Hey Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE users! You will be quite happy to know that you can also experience the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your device. But how? The XDA Developers have launched a new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM namely Android CAF-6.0 [Surnia] ROM which you can flash on your device to experience the enriched specs and features of Marshmallow. All credit for this Custom ROM goes to the Senior XDA Dev scritch007. Post update, the features that will function well on your device are Bluetooth, SMS/RIL, Sound and Camera and the features that will not work are SDCard and See osprey thread for bugs.
The Custom ROM is based on CAF build and is on testing phase. So it will not be stable in nature. So users who think of using a stable Custom ROM on their Smartphone should not test this Custom ROM on their device. But those who are interested to play with their device, this Custom ROM is for them. Being this an unofficial Custom ROM update, it will void the warranty of your Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE. Apart, your Smartphone might face issues that will be quite harmful for your Smartphone because of the update. Remember, we shall not stand responsible for such inconvenience. It will be all your responsibility.
Before starting the Custom ROM flashing, you have to fill certain requirements which have been enlisted below. Make sure to act according to the given update steps. Else your device might end in bricking. Among the important requirements, creating a Nandroid backup for your Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE, rooting it, installing a Custom Recovery (TWRP) file, enabling the USB Debugging option and disabling the Antivirus program from both your handset and PC is a must. Excluding any of the said necessities might end with an unsuccessful tutorial.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow CAF Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD Card of your Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE and detach the USB.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card, select the files one after another that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu in Recovery mode and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
Wait still your Motorola Moto E 2015 LTE reboots. Once rebooted, know that you are done with the update. Now it’s time to compare between the previous features and new ones, mark the bug fixes and see the improvements in the UI. Forget not to share with us the changes you mark in your Smartphone post update. In case of any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.