The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 device gets official Jellybean 4.1.2 update that is dubbed as XXBMC9. This update is brought you by Samsung and brings bug fixes, recovers from app crashes, battery heating issues and rear camera issues. Few minor user interface tweaks has been adopted to perform well. To get all these on your new device then follow the instruction and requirements given below.
First You must know about the device. Well Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is a phablet that comes in LTE model too according to market demand.
The screen measure 8 inches and has data connectivity seems very fast with 21 mbps. The device is equipped with Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and chipset of Exynos 4412. The tablet is going to be available in market very soon but the device has been updated officially with Jellybean 4.1.2 with other model of its kind, N5110. If you get this model then do the update by following the article. This article will also help you if in future the device is bricked then applying the official update will unbrick the device.
The device holds 5 Mega Pixels camera with a screen resolution of 2592х1944 pixels. It has got autofocus features with Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, image stabilization. You can shoot videos and watch them in [email protected] It has got Secondary camera of 1.3 MP.
Caution: Note that this update hasn’t till reached few countries and if you live in any of that country then here is the manual update available though Odin. This won’t root your Galaxy Note rather revoke the access and you get back into the original stock ROM. Even the custom ROM also gets vanished after flashing of original ROM. It is the only best way to unbrick the device if it happens so.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5100/N5110)
- Windows PC (windows xp and 7)
- Original USB cable
- Backup all the data present in your phone that includes, Music, videos, applications, APN passwords, files and documents
- Charge up the battery so that the device won’t shut down automatically during updation
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development , in the USB debugging tick the box and later untick it for security reasons
- Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMC9 Firmware for 5100 pack
- Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMC9 Firmware for 5110 pack
- Odin Pack
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100/N5110 with Jellybean 4.1.2
- First make sure the device battery is enough and then backup is done then jump over the next step of downloading. Download the above packs, choose one from model 5100 or 5110 and the Odin pack.
- Now with suitable extractor software extract both the files and do not rename it. Cut and paste both the files in the desktop to find them easily at the time of need. Place them in desktop which will make you easy.
- Now double click on the Odin execution file to launch it. Meanwhile switch off the phone power and enter it in download mode. To do that VOL DOWN KEY+ MENU BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON all together. Leave the three buttons when the green android appears on screen.
- Now plug the USB cable to computer to connect the device. You’ll see in the Odin panel the ID:COM box turned yellow. This means that the device got detected and ready to get flashed. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have installed the latest updated version of Samsung KIES.
- Then select PDA and choose the tar file that was extracted earlier. To initiate, click on Start update. Wait for few minutes and the device will get rebooted automatically.
Just unplug the cable and enjoy the new updated official version of Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMC9 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100/N5110.