Windows 8.1 comes with many new and added features. Microsoft has also added customization options to make the start screen more personalize. As we know the new “Modern UI” was introduced in Windows 8, when many Windows users welcome the step many users find it irritating. But there was no option to bypass the start screen in Windows 8, in Windows 8.1 Microsoft has added an option to bypass the start screen. You can get the familiar desktop in Windows 8.1 by replacing the start screen. But the customization features are also very limited in this version of Windows; still there is no option to set your preferred wallpaper as Start Screen background image. It comes with a limited number of built-in images, which can be set as the start screen background. If you want to add more background image to the start screen you have to install additional software in your PC.
Though the built-in images (for Start Screen background) are limited in Windows 8.1, it also has an interesting option that will help you to set your current Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background. Follow the steps bellow to change start-screen background to same as desktop.
How to set your Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background:
- Right-click a blank area of the taskbar and choose Properties option.
- The Taskbar and Navigation properties window will be opened. Click on Navigation tab and enable Show my desktop background on Start option from the Start screen section.
- Click on Apply to apply the changes and now go to Start Screen, you will have the same Desktop wallpaper in the background.
- That’s it.
- Open the Charms Bar by moving the cursor to top-right corner or bottom-right corner
- Click on Settings icon from the Charms Bar.
- Click on Personalize option from the Settings.
- The Start Screen customization settings page will be opened. You can change Start Screen background image, background color and accent color.
- The background image section has 15 image thumbnails. To set current Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background image, click on the 15th thumbnail located at the end of background image section.
- You are done.
Please comment if the blog is useful to you.