Flashing a Custom on your Android Smartphone often enable your handset for customization. Now customization means a number of activities that you just can’t perform on the stock Android OS. Installing a Custom ROM on your Android device enhances device battery, performance, and upgrades it to the latest Android versions.
But similarly it’s bit tricky and risk is always associated with Custom ROM installation. So it’s always suggested to tweak your handset with Custom ROMs only if you are an Android savvy. Else you might end up bricking your Android device.
Now in this article I shall guide you through the steps to flash the powerful Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (hlte). This Custom ROM is designed and developed by XDA Developer jprimero15 and it’s about to bring numerous enhancement on your device features to make your Android experience advanced in nature.
Caution: You are warned that this Custom ROM is meant only for advanced Android users and newbies are suggested not play with their devices. We will not be blamed if anything wrong happened to your Smartphone because of the installation.
Pre-Requirements: You must create a Nandroid backup for your Android handset, unlock the bootloader, install the TWRP Recovery on your device, enable the USB Debugging option and disable the Antivirus program from both your Smartphone and PC to carry on smooth flashing. You must root your device.
- Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- Download the above mentioned two files and next connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD Card and detach the USB cable.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Section of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You must disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- It’s time to flash the Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another (first Custom ROM, then Gapps) that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash one after another.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode menu and click “Reboot System Now”.
Now your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 should reboot into normal mode. If rebooted properly, know that you are done with the update. Now it’s time to mark the bug fixes and enhancemnet in the features of your Smartphone. In case of face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.