The Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G Smartphone is now receiving the official Android 8.1.0 Oreo J260GDDU1ARGC firmware update. The firmware intends to bring security patches, stability and performance enhancement. If you are a Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G Smartphone user and reside in Sri Lanka, India and Nepal, then you might receive the notification on your Smartphone at anytime.
In case you don’t receive the OTA notification, have missed it or can’t wait it to hit your handset, then the below given manual update process is only for you. Using this method, you can flash the latest firmware on your Galaxy SM-J260G, but in a manual way. But there is little risk associated with this update procedure. Still if you faced any issues feel free to let’s know and we shall help you to come out of this.
NEVER BLAME US FOR A BRICKED, BUGGED OR CORRUPTED DEVICE DUE TO UPDATE AS IT’S ALL YOUR RISK TO MOVE TO FOLLOW THE MANUAL PROCEDURE. WE WILL NEVER REMAIN RESPONSIBLE.
- Makes sure the battery of your Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G is charged at least 50 percent.
- Backup all device data using backup app.
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging on your Ssamsung Galaxy SM-J260G.
- USB driver for the Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G must be installed on PC.
- A Nandroid backup must be created for your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy SM-J260G via OTA
You need to have stable internet connectivity on the phone and then go to Settings>About and tap on Update. If the device is already updated to the latest firmware then the massage reads ‘The latest update has already been installed’. If the firmware is available for update, then you will get it here. Now tap on OK to initiate the download process followed by installation. Once it is done, the device will get rebooted automatically.
Procedure to update Galaxy SM-J260G via Kies
Get a stable internet connection for your device and then download & install the Samsung Kies utility on your PC. After connect the device to your PC via USB. Next run the Kies and the device will be detected itself. At the Kies home screen, the new firmware upgrade notification will be available.
If the notification is there then click on the firmware upgrade button to start the update process and follow the appearing instructions. If this is not possible, then go for manual update through Odin. When the update is done, the device gets rebooted automatically and you need to detach the cable then.
Procedure to update Galaxy SM-J260G to Android Oreo
- Download (Sri Lanka, India and Nepal) the firmware files on your PC with Odin and extract them both.
- Run Odin as Administrator now.
- Switch off Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G and boot into download mode.
- Connect the Smartphone to your PC via USB and then you can find the CM port open in Odin screen. If an Added text message appears, then know that the device is successfully connected. If not then again install the USB driver.
- Check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time “options, then click the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted on the above step.
- Click on the start button to start installtion process. After few minutes a Pass message will appear. After completion, the phone will get rebooted automatically.
- Then you must detach the USB cable and check Settings>About for the new firmware version.
If your device gets stuck in the middle of normal reboot, then go to Recovery Mode & perform “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” reboot your device. In Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.
Congrats! Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy SM-J260G to the official Oreo Firmware through manual procedure, OTA and kies. For more updates check Blogzmana and stay connected.