Today millions of users use Windows 8 in their computer and the number of users is increasing day by day. Now it is the most popular PC OS because of its unique features that lets the users to get more from it. But generally when a user upgrades the previous OS to Windows 8 on his existing system, it may slow down the PC. Here are some tips to make your Windows 8 PC to work faster.
Disable startup program
- Press Win + R
- Type msconfig then and press Enter
- Choose startup tab
- Uncheck programs that you feel unnecessarily loading
- Click Apply and Ok
- Restart your computer
Disable Shadows and animations:
- Press Win + R
- Type Command and press Enter
- Type SystemPropertiesAdvacned then press Enter
- You can view System properties with Advanced tab
- Select setting button in Performance section
- Option Window will be appeared
- You can uncheck boxes on animations that you don’t want to see or you can use Adjust for best performance
- Click Ok
Remove Sound Notifications of System Events:
- Goto Control Panel Sound icon
- From the Sound window , click on Sounds tab.
- Click on desired program event which you want to disable and then select None from “Sounds” drop-down list.
- If you want to disable all sound notifications then select No Sounds from Sound Scheme drop-down box.
- Select Apply
Change Folder Options:
- Open My Computer then View tab
- Click on Options button to open Folder Options window
- Select View and uncheck unnecessary options
- Click apply
Disable all the Metro apps that you don’t use, as its apps runs in the background, acquires your valuable hardware resources and slow down your PC. Windows 8 comes with a new option called Optimize Your Drives is the advanced version of Disk De-fragmentation that keeps your hard drive organized and make more space for new files.
Using the above tips and tricks you can speed up your computer, except that download and install latest updates with Windows Updates, install only necessary software , always use latest drivers for computer hardware, use Registry Cleaner to clean system registry, Use disk cleanup to delete temporary files, empty recycle bin, and unwanted and old files.