If you ask a Mozila Firfox user to define it in one word, then his answer must be “speed”. Yes, Mozila Firfox is known for its speed, millions of users worldwide use Firefox as their default browser. It is a free, open source Web browser which can be used with all popular operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It includes features like bookmarks toolbar , tabbed browsing, blocking windows pop-ups, smart searching d other security measures. Though Mozilla Firefox works much faster than other web browsers, some uses complain that it is not working at its best speed. The article is dedicated to those users, here they can find tips and tricks to speed up their Mozilla Firefox.
How to Speed Up Mozilla Firefox
Method 1: Change Group policy
- Go to Run then type gpedit.msc and press enter
- The Group Policy window will be opened
- Double-Click on Computer Configuration
- Double-Click on Administrative Templates
- Double-Click on Network
- Double-Click on QOS Packet Scheduler
- SDouble-Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth
- Check the Enabled box and change Bandwidth Limit (%) to 0.
Now you can get 20% increased bandwidth speed.
Method 2: Change advance configuration of Firefox
- Lunch your Firefox browser
- Type about:config in the address bar, and press enter
- A warning massage will appear in the desktop, click on the button says”I’ll be careful, I promise!”
- Make corresponding changes in the following entries,
network.http.max-connections = 64
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 10
network.http.pipelining = true
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests = 200
network.http.request.max-start-delay = 0
network.http.proxy.pipelining = true
network.http.proxy.version = 1.0
This trick will improve the speed & load time of Firefox browser. But you need to be extra carefully while making changes in the entries, any mistake can put you in trouble.
Method 3: Using third party software
You can use FasterFox, a simple and free add-on for Firefox. It is dynamically increase the speed of your Firefox browser. It is easy to use and configure. It also helps you to twist many network settings like simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache and initial paint delay. It also blocks popup and increase page load time. Fasterfox is an essential add-on for Firefox users, though it increases use of RAM and consume bandwidth but makes your internet surfing much faster than usual.
Lastly, whatever operating system you are using make it to run with its best speed, use a reliable anti-virus to protect your computer from virus and other threats.